1. Which of the following is not an essential part of informed consent?
A. Physician must explain surgery to patient
B. Possible consequences must be discussed
C. Post-op expectations must be discussed
D. Time is not important
2. According to ASA’s six-point system a patient with mild systemic disease would be classified as.
3. With color change sterilization indicators, the white stripes on the tape change to _____ when the appropriate conditions (temperature) have been met.
4. _________ is performed at 132°C at 28 1b of pressure for 3 minutes for metal instruments in a steriliser.
A. Flash sterilization
B. Chemical sterilization
C. Steam Sterilization
D. Glutaraldehyde sterilization
5. _______ are used to cut delicate tissue.
A. Straight Mayo scissors
B. Kelly scissors
C. Curved Mayo scissors
D. Metzenbaum scissors
6. According to the Nyhus Classification of Groin Hernias a Type II hernia is described as.
A. Indirect inguinal hernia-Internal inguinal ring normal
B. Recurrent hernia
C. Indirect inguinal hernia-Dilated internal inguinal ring with posterior inguinal wall intact
D. Posterior wall defects-direct inguinal hernia
7. Which of the following is not a current United States Public Health Service minimum requirement for optimum OR air?
A. Temperature between 18-24°C
B. Humidity 55-80%,
C. Laminar airflow curtains
D. Negative pressure filtered air in a vertical unidirectional flow
8. ______ is a procedure that uses intense cold to induce a chorioretinal scar and to destroy retinal or choroidal tissue.
C. Retinal Cryopexy
9. Which of the following is incorrect related to the position of the Watchtower Society/ Jehovah Witnesses on blood issues?
A. Members may not use hemoglobin.
B. Watchtower Society permits the use of albumin.
C. Watchtower Society permits the use of blood serums.
D. Watchtower Society permits the use of Immunoglobulins.
10. Which of the following is not part of Upper Motor Neuron Syndrome (pyramidal signs)?
A. Weakness or paralysis of specific movements (extension of the upper limbs, flexion of the lower limbs, pyramidal weakness)
B. Positive Babinski reflex
C. Increased resistance to passive stretching of muscles (spasticity)
D. Hypoactivity of deep tendon reflexes