Arthur L. Collins
1830 Public Works Drive
Mumbai – 37403
Looking for a challenging position of Meteorologist in the reputed company with a view to use my wide experience for the benefit of the organization.
ACTIVA MULTIMEDIA DIGITAL
- Weather forecast for Televisions, newspapers, websites and other media.
- Collected data from satellite images, radar, remote sensors and weather stations all over the world.
- Measured factors such as air pressure, temperature and humidity at various atmospheric levels.
- Analysed and presented this information to customers in the form of weather briefings.
- Coded weather reports for transmission over international networks;
- Applied physical and mathematical relationships and sophisticated computer models to make short- and long-range weather forecasts.
- Liaised with colleagues and clients from around the country and worldwide.
- Investigated subjects such as: airflow in the lowest kilometre of the atmosphere; the physics of clouds and precipitation; global climate change.
- Researched seasonal forecasting, ocean forecasting and climate prediction.
- Research and development, including programming to produce automated text weather forecasts, forecast model development and mathematical modelling of road surface temperature behavior production of short-range forecasts for road authorities and the media, and medium-range forecasts for power and energy companies.
- Climatological and statistical work for company clients
- giving meteorology training to company clients
- Reading University: 1995-2001
o PhD Meteorology
o Research project title:
o `The Effects of Surface Friction on Mid-latitude Cyclone Development’
o BSc (Hons.) Mathematics and Meteorology First Class
o Final year project (in conjunction with RMS):
o `A Climatology of North Atlantic Storms’
o I won the prize for best academic performance in all 3 years of my undergraduate study.
- Westcliff High School for Boys: 1989-1995
o A Levels: Maths A
o Further Maths A (including statistics)
o Physics A
o General Studies A
o GCSE: 9 subjects including English Lang., English Lit., Maths and Double Science
o (all grade A)
Floyd P. Olivier